4. Chadron State Bank - 104 W. 2nd Street
The white brick building on the corner of Second and Main, was built in 1916 to house the Chadron State Bank.
Of interest is the east facade containing decorative corner pilasters, whose Corinthian Acanthus leaf capitals
engage a narrow architraved cornice.
The one-time doorway in the center of this decorative facade is now a window.
This same corner lot had been the location of a wooden building that was home to the First National Bank started by the DeForest brothers and Bartlett Richards.
Here at the corner of 2nd and Main, Flag Plaza, many key events
have taken place over the last one hundred years. American Indians have danced here to help celebrate the Fourth of July, and Teddy Roosevelt spoke here in 1900.