Mountain Bike Clinic
Who: Open to the following individuals:
- Those who are novice riders up to intermediate level riders (we will have two groups)
- Those of ages 12 years and above,
- Those who are comfortable with your balance and maneuvering and operation of a mtn. bicycle.
Needed Equipment: Mountain bike that fits your body size, with front shock suspension, and multiple gears, helmet, riding gloves, water bottle, and any other personal equipment you need (i.e., knee pads, sunglasses, etc.) **There will be mountain bikes available for use if needed.**
Structure: Two groups will be instructed—novice and intermediate levels
- Basic bike safety, adjustments, and information (i.e., tire p.s.i.)
- Seat and body positioning – uphill and downhill
- Balance and cornering skills
- Maneuvering/tackling trail obstacles – roots, rocks, logs, steps, etc.
- Selecting you trail “line”
- Trail etiquette